Module 2.6 Are you ready to live in a virtual world?

Количество ответов: 28

Virtual reality or VR is being used in many industries to achieve new levels of user experience, and as such, its popularity is growing every year. More importantly, as the price of virtual reality devices gradually decreases, they become available to a mass audience. For example, if you love the idea of traveling and exploring but prefer to do it from the comfort of your own home, you can use virtual reality travel apps shown in the video, that can offer you the perfect weekend getaway.

📌 So, which application featured in the video would you like to use and why?

📌 What do you think are the advantages and disadvantages of virtual reality? Are you ready for it? Why (not)?

Look forward to your answers.

В ответ на Первое сообщение

Re: Module 2.6 Are you ready to live in a virtual world?

от СЦ302 Рипка Ксения Владимировна -
1) I would like to use the "Google Earth VR" application, because it allows you to find yourself anywhere on our planet and see various sights of the city from a bird's eye view, which is very exciting and interesting for me personally, since I love to travel.
2) Virtual reality is a very interesting and exciting thing, but it hasn`t only a number of advantages, but also disadvantages. Let's take a closer look at each of them.
Advantages:
1. Allows users to fully immerse themselves in the virtual world, making the experience more interactive and immersive.
2.Can be used to teach and simulate a variety of situations, allowing people to learn and practice in a safe environment.
3. creates an environment where people can interact with each other, even if they are at a distance.
Disadvantages:
1. Prolonged use may cause disorientation and dizziness in some users.
2. Virtual reality equipment can be expensive for some users.
3. discomfort during use, possible blurred vision
В ответ на СЦ302 Рипка Ксения Владимировна

от сЭБ302 Андрюкова Анастасия Павловна -
1) Where on❓❗ earth would you go if you could use virtual reality to do that? Why would you go there?
2)Would you like to use virtual reality as an educational tool? Would that increase your interest in studying?
3)Do you think that in the future the technology of virtual reality will become cheaper and will be available to all people? If not, why?

(Редактировал(а) ИЯ Гальчук Лариса Михайловна - пятница, 3 мая 2024, 20:42)

от СЦ302 Волобуева Валерия Константиновна -
1) Of all the proposed applications, I would like to use the Google Earth VR application, since it allows you to move from country to country in a few seconds, which is very convenient, exciting, and most importantly interesting. This application also helps to explore the whole world without leaving your own room.
2) Pros of virtual reality:
1. Virtual reality creates a realistic world, for example, it can be used in driving schools as it gives a real idea of roads and traffic.
2. It allows the user to explore places, for example, it can be used in military training of soldiers so that they can become familiar with different areas.
3. With its help, the user can experiment with the built environment.
Cons of virtual reality:
1. It consists of complex technology, so it is very expensive.
2. In a virtual reality environment, you cannot move around on your own like you can in the real world.
3. Prolonged use may cause disorientation and dizziness in some users.
В ответ на СЦ302 Волобуева Валерия Константиновна

от сЭБ302 Березин Артём Александрович -
1) If you had the choice to see a country live or using virtual reality, what would you choose? Why?
2) Would you like to use virtual reality technologies more often in everyday life?
3) What devices can be used to create and play virtual reality?

от СЦ302 Ли Максим Валерьевич -
1. I would like to use Google Earth VR because with this app I would be able to travel around the world without leaving my room. I would be able to see all 7 wonders of the world without spending a penny.
2. Advantages and disadvantages:
    2.1. Virtual reality allows users to immerse themselves in virtual worlds, creating unique experiences, but this can lead to isolation from the real world.
    2.2. Virtual reality creates new opportunities for interactive entertainment, but it can lead to addiction and physical problems with prolonged use.
    2.3. Virtual reality creates an interesting and fascinating atmosphere, but there may be problems with vision and coordination.

от СЦ302 Зинкевич Александр Николаевич -
1)from the above list, I would like to use Google VR. thanks to this program, you can visit all the places and attractions on the planet with a first-person view, where you cannot come in real life due to various circumstances
2)virtual reality has its advantages and disadvantages. among them, the following advantages and disadvantages can be distinguished:
advantage:
1.You can visit any attraction in the world without leaving your home.
2.You can visit places where no human has ever set foot before. You can also get to a place where serious physical training is needed.
disadvantage:
1.virtual reality does not allow you to feel the full range of feelings, compared to real life
2.the high price for a virtual reality helmet and other equipment. in the Russian market, the starting price is about 43,000 rubles. for this money, you can visit a city in your country for a short time

от СЦ302 Банникова Полина Константиновна -
1) I would use the Google Earth VR app, because we can get anywhere in the world without leaving our computer, where we can see various sights of other countries, and it's very interesting and absolutely free.
2) Consider the advantages and disadvantages of virtual reality.
Advantages:
1. A new level of entertainment;
2. creating virtual models of expensive projects (space rockets, cars);
3. New emotions and stress prevention.
Disadvantages:
1. The chips used in virtual reality are very expensive;
2. high technical complexity;
3. increased stress on the human nervous system.
В ответ на СЦ302 Банникова Полина Константиновна

от сЭБ302 Выходцева Александра Андреевна -
1. ❌In what country or city of the world would you like to go using virtual reality and why?
2. Will virtual reality ever replace the journey of people entirely, or will that be impossible?
3. If you were the creator of a virtual application that would transport people to unidentified planets, which planet would you go to?

(Редактировал(а) ИЯ Гальчук Лариса Михайловна - четверг, 2 мая 2024, 21:04)

В ответ на СЦ302 Банникова Полина Константиновна

от сЭБ302 Иванова Лилия Сергеевна -
1) What are the potential benefits of using VR technology for training and simulation purposes?
2) What are the ethical implications of using VR technology in various aspects of society?
3) How do VR experiences differ from traditional forms of media consumption?

от СЦ302 Гай Милена Владиславовна -
1. I would like to use Google Earth VR, because this application allows you to find yourself anywhere in the world and "walk" around the city, see the sights, etc. This is a good opportunity to travel the world without leaving home
2. The benefits of virtual reality include:
1) Virtual reality allows people to immerse themselves in a simulation and experience unique or inaccessible events and situations in reality. This can be especially useful for educational, scientific and training purposes.
2) Virtual reality creates the impression of being in another world or environment, so that users can fully immerse themselves in the virtual environment. It can be an exciting and emotionally intense experience.
3) Virtual reality offers a variety of gaming and entertainment options that can be interesting and exciting for users.
But there are also some disadvantages of virtual reality:
1) Prolonged use of virtual reality can cause discomfort, eye fatigue and balance problems. In addition, users can risk forgetting about the real world and facing potentially dangerous situations.
2) Social isolation: Immersion in virtual reality can separate people from the real world and real interactions with other people. This can lead to social isolation and a deterioration in the quality of communication.
3) Cost and accessibility: Virtual reality can be quite expensive and inaccessible to many people. The purchase of special equipment is required, which can become an obstacle for certain groups of users.
В ответ на СЦ302 Гай Милена Владиславовна

1. Would you like to visit some lively cities, like New York, or see unusual natural phenomena, such as volcanic eruptions or tsunamis in virtual reality glasses?
2. Speaking of the advantages that you wrote, what games would you play?
3. Would you like to purchase virtual reality gadgets for personal use?
В ответ на СЦ302 Гай Милена Владиславовна

от сЭБ302 Герасимова Кристина Игоревна -
1) Which place would you like to visit with virtual reality glasses? Why?
2) Do you think virtual reality will become more popular in the future or will it lose its relevance?
3) Have you ever tried virtual reality technology on yourself?

от СЦ302 Кузьмин Андрей Алексеевич -
1.From the offered applications, I would like to use Google Earth VR, because it provides a unique opportunity to travel the world, feeling the greatness and beauty of different places without leaving home. It is not only a fun way to explore different corners of the planet, but also an inspiring experience.
Advantages:
1) Unique level of involvement.
2)Realistic training simulators.
3)Opportunity for virtual communication.
Disadvantages:
1)Physical discomfort such as dizziness and eye fatigue.
2) Risk of injuries, especially when not aware of the surroundings.
3)This technology is very expensive.

от СЦ302 Заикина Дарья Сергеевна -
1. I would like to use Mars VR because I'm not an astronaut. So I guess I will never get the opportunity to investigate the space in real life.
2. There are several advantages of VR technologies. For example, it allows you to play computer games with your friends in unusual conditions. Also, with gadgets of virtual reality you can visit exotic places such as peak of mountain Everest. As for disadvantages, VR technology is really expensive. Moreover, people, who use VR regulary, tend to spend a lot of time at home instead of walking and communicating with people.
As for me, I am ready for virtual reality and I would like to try this technology because it's an exiting entertainment.

от СЦ302 Злобин Артём Павлович -
1)I would use Google Earth VR, because thanks to it I could walk around all the cities of the earth and no one would bother me to admire the views, and I wouldn't have to go anywhere to do it.
2)I think the advantages of virtual reality are that it allows you to get an experience unlike anything else, allows you to feel something that you could not experience in real life.Among the disadvantages, I would note that so far our brain cannot adequately perceive what is happening to a person in virtual reality because of this, using devices that transfer you to virtual reality for a long time can be dangerous to health

от СЦ302 Ельцова София Игоревна -
1) I would like to use the Google Earth VR app because it allows you to be anywhere, anywhere in the world. I really like this feature because I like to travel. And with such an application, it will be easier.
2) Advantages of virtual reality:
-virtual reality will certainly give an impetus to the development of science, there will be more opportunities for new research
-virtual reality creates new opportunities for entertainment
-virtual reality makes it possible to travel without spending a lot of money and time.
Disadvantages of virtual reality:
-very expensive maintenance and ❌maintenance
-it can injure and ❌irritate the human brain
- there is a disorientation in space

(Редактировал(а) ИЯ Гальчук Лариса Михайловна - понедельник, 11 декабря 2023, 08:26)

от СЦ302 Гусева Ангелина Дмитриевна -
I would like to use an application where you can enjoy a panoramic view of Mars, wander around the neighborhood, and admire the Martian sky, because in real life no one can do that. Perhaps this can be done in reality only when a human ❌foot sets foot on the surface of Mars.
The benefits of virtual reality include the ability to create new and unique experiences, education, entertainment, and treatment of various diseases. The disadvantages include the possibility of deterioration of health, lack of real interaction with the outside world and potential dependence. I'm not ready for this, because I can get a lot more sensations and emotions in reality.

(Редактировал(а) ИЯ Гальчук Лариса Михайловна - пятница, 22 декабря 2023, 21:59)

от сЭБ302 Жарова Влада Александровна -
I would like to use an app where you can study art, go to museums in different countries. In real life it is not so easy. First you need to save money for travel, also have to find time to travel to other countries. In addition, in 2024 ❓❗ to visit many countries ... became impossible for citizens of Russia ....
Virtual reality has many advantages, for example, obtaining new emotions, feelings, knowledge.
There are also shortcomings, such as lack of interaction with the real world. It is hard for me to tell if I am ready for this, because I am afraid that the virtual world can completely replace reality.

(Редактировал(а) ИЯ Гальчук Лариса Михайловна - четверг, 2 мая 2024, 19:17)

Certainly, all mentioned apps have their own features, but I would like to use theBlu application. First of all, this is due to the fact that I love the sea, oceans and so on. but I’m afraid to dive deep because I feel uncomfortable with the pressure in my ears. And thanks to VR, I can do that. Secondly, to see the underwater world with my own eyes - it’s something incredible. And finally, the opportunity to see the largest creature on the planet - the blue whale - makes this app attractive to me.
I can say that virtual reality has advantages and disadvantages. In my opinion, the most important benefits ❌is that users ❓… spending an amazing time. Using virtual reality brings users unsurpassed experience. With VR technology, they can immerse themselves in perfectly realistic places, hear the sounds around them, and see things that seem real. Be❓cides, virtual reality gives ❓… a full and detailed view of the place. For example, virtual reality makes tourist sites more interesting and simple. It gives ❓… a detailed idea of the place you want to visit.
The ❌most great disadvantage of virtual reality is the high cost of this entertainment, so not everyone can afford this pleasure. And of course, we must not forget the development of users dependence on virtual reality, which can lead to degradation of both psychological and physical health.

(Редактировал(а) ИЯ Гальчук Лариса Михайловна - четверг, 2 мая 2024, 21:49)

Each application is interesting in its own way, but, due to the fact that I want to travel a lot and see various places around the world, applications like Boulevard, Google Earth or theBlu don't really interest me, as I would like to see these places with my own eyes. If I were to use the VR, it would only be to go to Mars, explore the depths of oceans, fly in space, or climb Mount Everest. I think that, for the most part, virtual reality has more pros than cons. With virtual reality, people can experience things they wouldn't dare try in real life. Also, with a virtual headset, they can overcome their fears. It is great to live in an age where technology like this exists, as it allows people to travel and see places that weren't accessible before.

от сЭБ302 Андрюкова Анастасия Павловна -
1) In general, I was interested in all the applications presented in the video. I’ve never had the experience of using a virtual reality, so I think it’s all very cool and exciting. But I can still name two apps that interest me more. It may seem banal, but I’d like to use "Google Earth VR". It’s really interesting, because you can go to all kinds of places on earth that are hard to get to. Well, the bird’s-eye view got me very interested, too. I think this app is interesting to all people who like to travel, including me. I’d also like to use «theBlu». I love to swim and this adventure would be interesting for me. Diving underwater is exciting.
2) Virtual reality has its advantages and disadvantages. The advantages include a new level of entertainment and fun pastime. Also 3 [to the advantage] 2 [can be attributed] to [full immersion in the interactive world], which simplifies life not only for ordinary people, but also for people with disabilities. Well, it also includes the fact that thanks to virtual reality, people's education is improving and medicine is developing. Disadvantages include high cost, which is why not everyone can afford to use this technology. It is worth noting that virtual reality can cause addiction in people. Some may prefer the virtual world, forgetting about the real world. VR can also affect people’s mental state, causing some problems.
I think that I am ready to use virtual reality and that in the near future it will play an important role in our world. But it is necessary to be able to find a balance in the use of such technology, as real communication can not be replaced by anything. New technologies should be used wisely.

(Редактировал(а) ИЯ Гальчук Лариса Михайловна - пятница, 3 мая 2024, 20:33)

от сЭБ302 Березин Артём Александрович -
I don't like going to museums, but I really like space, so I would like to use the Mars VR app. I think this is a great opportunity to be on another planet, because the chance of visiting Mars in real life is extremely small. This application will allow anyone to go into space and explore Mars.
I can say that virtual reality has advantages and disadvantages. Advantages of virtual reality include its ability to create realistic environments for various purposes such as education, training and entertainment. Virtual reality also allows people to create virtual models of expensive projects, for example, space rockets, cars and submarines. And of course, virtual reality allows you to be anywhere in the world and see famous sights, if it isn't possible to visit these places in real life. Disadvantages of virtual reality may include negative effects on physical health such as motion sickness, eye strain, and disorientation. Also frequent use of virtual reality can be addictive, and there may be privacy and security issues ❌(may be) in virtual environments.

(Редактировал(а) ИЯ Гальчук Лариса Михайловна - пятница, 3 мая 2024, 20:58)

от сЭБ302 Завьялов Семён Викторович -
1) 1) I would like to use an application called Google Earth VR because you can look at all countries and cities in 3D format, it looks very interesting and unusual!

2) Of course, virtual reality is an interesting thing that you want to learn every day and discover something new for yourself, but it has both advantages and disadvantages!
Advantages:
1) Most people who use virtual reality have an amazing experience using it.
2) Virtual reality gives a greater understanding of the subject
Disadvantages:
1) People become addicted to virtual reality, which can have a bad effect on the psyche
2) This technology is still at the development stage, and it is still difficult to use it in everyday life

от сЭБ302 Жарова Влада Александровна -
1) Do you think that virtual reality can completely replace the real world of entertainment ?
2) Would you like to use virtual reality in learning ?
3) Do you think virtual reality makes our lives better ?

от сЭБ302 Иванова Лилия Сергеевна -
I prefer using theBlu, as it is a fascinating experience to look at marine creatures through VR. I really enjoy watching different fish and corals. I would love to know what lies at the bottom of the ocean and who inhabits it. But most of all, I would love to see a blue whale, this animal is incredibly big and beautiful.
There are numerous advantages to VR, including immersive experiences, enhanced learning opportunities, and the ability to simulate dangerous or costly scenarios in a safe environment. VR also has the potential to bridge geographical barriers and bring people together in virtual spaces. However, there are also disadvantages to consider. VR can be isolating, as users may become disconnected from the real world and spend excessive amounts of time in virtual environments.

от сЭБ302 Герасимова Кристина Игоревна -
I really liked all the apps mentioned in the video, but most of all I would like to try the "NASA's Mars 2030" app. I do not have the opportunity to visit another planet, but with this application it is possible. It allows you to enjoy panoramic views of the Martian surface. Everyone will be able to wander around the landscape and admire the Martian landscapes.

Virtual reality has been developing rapidly in recent years, opening up exciting opportunities for various industries. Virtual reality is a computer—generated environment that simulates the real world. It has a lot of advantages and disadvantages. I'll tell you some of them.
The advantages of virtual reality include:
1) Virtual reality creates an immersive and realistic experience, allowing users to feel inside the virtual world.
2) Virtual reality provides a new and exciting way of entertainment, allowing users to explore virtual worlds, play games and watch movies with the effect of presence.
3) Virtual reality can be used to create realistic simulations that allow users to practice performing complex tasks such as driving cars, flying airplanes or performing surgical operations in a safe and controlled environment.
The disadvantages of virtual reality include:
1) Virtual reality systems can be expensive, especially high-quality headsets and powerful computers needed for their operation, and not all people will be able to afford such a purchase.
2) The use of virtual reality can isolate users from the real world, which can be a problem if it is used for a long time.
3) Prolonged use of VR headsets can cause eye strain, headaches, or neck problems due to holding your head in an unnatural position for a long time.
As VR technologies evolve, the potential of VR continues to expand. It opens up limitless opportunities for innovation and creates a world where the virtual and the real are intertwined, creating an unprecedented experience.

(Редактировал(а) ИЯ Гальчук Лариса Михайловна - пятница, 3 мая 2024, 23:58)

Certainly, all mentioned apps have their own features, but I would like to use theBlu application. First of all, this is due to the fact that I love the sea, oceans and so on. but I’m afraid to dive deep because I feel uncomfortable with the pressure in my ears. And thanks to VR, I can do that. Secondly, to see the underwater world with my own eyes - it’s something incredible. And finally, the opportunity to see the largest creature on the planet - the blue whale - makes this app attractive to me.
I can say that virtual reality has advantages and disadvantages. In my opinion, the most important benefits are that users spend an amazing time. Using virtual reality brings users unsurpassed experience. With VR technology, they can immerse themselves in perfectly realistic places, hear the sounds around them, and see things that seem real. Becides, virtual reality gives us a full and detailed view of the place. For example, virtual reality makes tourist sites more interesting and simple. It gives us a detailed idea of the place you want to visit.
The greatest disadvantage of virtual reality is the high cost of this entertainment, so not everyone can afford this pleasure. And of course, we must not forget the development of users dependence on virtual reality, which can lead to degradation of both psychological and physical health.