Module 1.2 What qualities make a person attractive?

Количество ответов: 22

There is an old saying that goes: "Beauty is only skin-deep.." And while we can all agree that good looks aren't necessarily an accurate indicator of the character contained within, science continues to argue that "what's beautiful is good" — a stereotype that suggests that attractive people are likely to have more socially desirable personality traits and are expected to lead better lives than their physically unattractive counterparts.

Is it really true? Watch the video  and think about what qualities make a person attractive and why?

📌 So, whose point of view do you share and why?
📌 What is your idea of an attractive person? Explain your answer.

Look forward to your participation in the forum discussion!

всего слов - 118

В ответ на Первое сообщение

Re: Module 1.2 What qualities make a person attractive?

от сЭБ302 Выходцева Александра Андреевна -
I agree with David’s point of view because It’s really the first time we’ve met someone we’re looking at his/her physical appearance. But if you do not pay attention ❌for to this, I think, qualities that make a person attractive are honesty, reliability and kindness. I am really adventurous so I need someone who will look❌s like me ❌which are who is chirpy, efficient and often active. Besides, I believe when you care for and about people, they will do the same so this is also an important qualityies of an attractive person. Of course, everyone can not have the listed qualities, but I consider them the most necessary for everyone.

(Редактировал(а) ИЯ Гальчук Лариса Михайловна - суббота, 11 ноября 2023, 21:30)

всего слов - 122

от сЭБ302 Герасимова Кристина Игоревна -
I share David' point of view, because indeed, at the first meeting, people first of all pay attention to the appearance of a person, and when they get to know him better, they look at the inner qualities of a person such as friendliness, purposefulness, loyalty and respect. I think that in order to call a person attractive, it is not necessary for him to have a beautiful appearance, it is enough for him to have a neat and tidy appearance. Also, an attractive person should have a rich inner world. It should contain such qualities as determination, endurance, respect and compassion for other people.

всего слов - 105

от сЭБ302 Березин Артём Александрович -
I support David's opinion. Almost all people look at a person's physical appearance first and only then at their character. I think what makes a person attractive are qualities such as honesty, friendliness and a sense of humor. An open, cheerful person always attracts people with his or her energy. There are many more important qualities, but these are the main ones by which I consider a person attractive. Moreover, a compassionate person always makes a good impression, because he will help and support you. So we can single out this quality as the leading one.

всего слов - 96

от сЭБ302 Борисенко Елена Александровна -
I support Arielle’s opinion. I think generosity and love for people ❌is are really important. People who give us love and care attract us to themselves because everyone needs love. We are also attracted to people with a good sense of humor. They can defuse an awkward situation and remove embarrassment with their jokes. I also like David’s opinion that when we first meet a person we fist of all pay attention to his appearance. But don’t forget the proverb: Don’t judge a book by its cover.

(Редактировал(а) ИЯ Гальчук Лариса Михайловна - пятница, 17 ноября 2023, 19:48)

всего слов - 98

от сЭБ302 Андрюкова Анастасия Павловна -
I agree with David’s point of view. In reality, people look at a person's physical appearance, when they first meet them. We always look at the appearance first, and only then the qualities of the person, his character, his personality. I’ve seen it many times. Sometimes I did it myself. But, as for me, an attractive person is not just someone who looks beautiful. An attractive person must have many different qualities. He must be smart, honest, generous, empathetic, responsible, understanding. An attractive person can help people without looking for personal gain. He is kind to his friends and family. He’s a very compassionate and welcoming human.

всего слов - 107

от сЭБ302 Жарова Влада Александровна -
I agree with David's opinion, because ❌from the beginning at first we see a person and only then we begin to communicate with him. I am an active and purposeful person. In order to develop further and have an interesting life, my friends have the same qualities.

(Редактировал(а) ИЯ Гальчук Лариса Михайловна - пятница, 17 ноября 2023, 21:22)

всего слов - 58

от сЭБ302 Иванова Лилия Сергеевна -
I like David's point of view ❌better more because appearance is the first thing we see in a person. Now it is difficult to disagree with this opinion, since people first find out how attractive a person is externally, and then about his character. Of course, a person may seem ugly and unattractive in appearance, but he has a good sense of humor and a kind soul. And people don't always understand these things. I believe that the best qualities of a person are loyalty, generosity, honesty, kindness, friendliness. Without them, any person will not be attractive, because all positive qualities adorn him. This is what a person is best at, this is his main value.

(Редактировал(а) ИЯ Гальчук Лариса Михайловна - суббота, 18 ноября 2023, 17:53)

всего слов - 127

от сЭБ301 Аганина Диана Романовна -
David's position is closer to me, because when we meet or meet for the first time, we pay attention primarily to the appearance of a person. Of course, appearance is not the most important thing, it is important to pay attention to other qualities of a person. For me, a person is attractive if he takes care of his appearance, takes care of himself, he is neatly dressed. I also pay attention to the cleanliness of a person, whether he has neat nails, whether he gnaws his nails or not. In addition to the above, I pay attention to a person's speech and manners, as this is a very important element in communication. Character is also an important element, if a person with a very high self-esteem, very impudent and so on, then this is not my person, he does not attract me, but if it is a balanced person with goals, then this is another matter. Of course, for everyone the concept of  attractiveness of the concept is different for everyone, we all see people in our own way, but for me the appearance of a person is important on a par with the inner ❌one world.

(Редактировал(а) ИЯ Гальчук Лариса Михайловна - понедельник, 20 ноября 2023, 12:23)

всего слов - 209

от сЭБ301 Баранова Елена Сергеевна -
I share David's point of view that appearance also plays a big role, because it is ❌he who the  appearance that creates the first impression. But the appearance in this case is primarily not about the natural ❌data features of a person, but about his grooming. In Russia, there is even a saying "They meet by their clothes, but they see them off by their mind." This means that appearance gives only the first impression, the most important thing in a person is his personal qualities. I can call a person attractive if he is open, friendly, sincere and has a good sense of humor. I also believe that it is not necessary to have some outstanding ❌external data appearance, but to have a very good charisma and then people themselves reach out to you. Appearance is an important, but far from the main quality in a person.

(Редактировал(а) ИЯ Гальчук Лариса Михайловна - вторник, 21 ноября 2023, 19:20)

всего слов - 159

от сЭБ301 Дегтяренко Полина Владимировна -
I agree with David 's opinion , since it 's true that many people look at the appearance of the interlocutor at the first meeting , no matter if it 's a guy or a girl . But there are also people for whom appearance is never the initial opinion about a person, many look at behavior, at money❌s, at how a person communicates with the opposite sex. So everything is very individual , everyone looks at what is more important to him

(Редактировал(а) ИЯ Гальчук Лариса Михайловна - пятница, 24 ноября 2023, 17:17)

всего слов - 94

от сЭБ301 Агеева Ангелина Вадимовна -
I agree with David's opinion, because appearance plays an important role ❌in at the first stages of communication. Of course, outer beauty is not the most important. When we make a general impression about a person after a while, it is no longer the appearance that comes to the fore, but rather certain character traits, how a person behaves and what he shows by his behavior. And in a moment you can change your mind about the attractiveness of a person. In my opinion, beauty is a very subjective thing, it is impossible to build friendships or love relationships on it alone. That is why it is important to have attractive qualities of character and personality. So what qualities in a person are attractive to me? Firstly, it is sincerity and honesty - everyone likes to communicate with those whom we can trust. Such people never try to deceive others and do not shift responsibility to someone else. But most importantly, a sincere person expresses his feelings freely in communication, and for this he is respected by his interlocutors. Secondly, responsibility and punctuality, because the ability to arrive on time and not violate the agreements is a very good quality. Thirdly, good education is highly valued and is still considered one of the most attractive traits, but bad manners will easily scare people away from you. In addition, kindness, empathy for people and understanding of situations make you a fair and compassionate person. For me, outer beauty is primarily neatness, accuracy and the ability to take care of yourself. In conclusion, I would like to say that appearance is certainly important, but the inner beauty of a person is valued much more.

(Редактировал(а) ИЯ Гальчук Лариса Михайловна - пятница, 24 ноября 2023, 19:20)

всего слов - 293

от сЭБ301 Ащепкова Дарина Артёмовна -
I agree with David's opinion, because I also believe that people at the first meeting pay attention to the appearance, facial features and neatness, and only after that to his or her character, behavior and personal qualities. I, too, first of all pay attention to a person's appearance, whether he looks neat, whether his shoes are clean, but I do not make hasty conclusions about this person, because appearance can be deceptive. In my opinion, what makes a person really attractive is his inner peace, kindness, sense of humor, sociability, education and the ability to communicate.

(Редактировал(а) ИЯ Гальчук Лариса Михайловна - пятница, 24 ноября 2023, 19:41)

всего слов - 107

от сЭБ301 Горбунова Софья Алексеевна -
I totally agree with all speakers, but the one, whose opinion is the closest to mine is Henry. I really appreciate when the person who I’m talking to or in relationships with is honest, welcoming and empathetic. The character of a person is the most vital thing that you will be connected with during the whole time you’ll spend with this person. Also, it is about feeling comfortable in someone’s company, because it is hard to make friends with someone who’s handsome or gorgeous, but absolutely empty inside, whose inner world is meager.

всего слов - 93

от сЭБ301 Залуцкая Мария Алексеевна -
I partly agree with all these people in the video, they all said the right things, but with David's opinion I totally agree.
When we meet people first of all we look ❌on at their appearance. But secondly we pay attention on their character and behavior. Of course, it is important to look neat and tidy, but if you behave incorrectly, even the most beautiful clothes will not change the impression of you.
So, in my opinion qualities that make a person attractive ❌is are honesty, kindness, friendliness and loyalty.

(Редактировал(а) ИЯ Гальчук Лариса Михайловна - пятница, 24 ноября 2023, 21:07)

всего слов - 101

от сЭБ301 Колычева Дарья Олеговна -
I fully agree with David's point of view. During the first meeting, a person always pays attention to the appearance. We do not communicate with someone if we consider that this person is unattractive for us. In further communication people focus more on manners of companions, their personality traits and speech.

In any case, everyone is gorgeous in his own way. A person can't choose appearance, he can only improve and change it. Everyone can look neat for instance wear clean shoes. Also, people may easily monitor the cleanliness of their skin and of their teeth.
During talking with a person, mutual respect and an ability to listen are crucial to me. It's nice to have a dialogue when you are not interrupted, your companion accepts your point of view and does not raise his or her voice.

(Редактировал(а) ИЯ Гальчук Лариса Михайловна - пятница, 24 ноября 2023, 21:45)

всего слов - 149

от сЭБ301 Воробьев Марсэль Альбертович -
I share Henry’s point of view because for me the main thing in a person is kindness. First, kindness creates a positive impression and emphasizes an individual's ethical values. When a person shows concern for others, it shows empathy and willingness to help.

In addition, good deeds create an atmosphere of mutual understanding and respect in relationships.

всего слов - 57

от сЭБ301 Берендт Ирина Алексеевна -
I agree with all the guys, but most of all I liked Ariel's opinion. I believe that the most attractive thing in people is generosity. A generous person is a cheerful person who is ready to help anyone. I think generous people are very sincere. Humor is also important in a person. It is very interesting to communicate with a person who has good sense of humor. You can always laugh with him, such a person lifts your spirits. Serious people are boring, you can't relax with them.

(Редактировал(а) ИЯ Гальчук Лариса Михайловна - суббота, 25 ноября 2023, 00:42)

всего слов - 99

от сЭБ301 Адерихина Кристина Сергеевна -
I agree with David's point. When meeting people, people initially pay attention to the appearance. I think it is very important how a person looks. Appearance shows how neat a person is, and clothing can also indicate a person’s mood. But appearance is not the most important thing in a person. Important qualities in a person are kindness, honesty, responsibility, and friendliness. After all, a person’s appearance has no bearing on friendships or work relationships. It is important what a person is like, whether he will come to help when needed and how he treats you.

(Редактировал(а) ИЯ Гальчук Лариса Михайловна - суббота, 25 ноября 2023, 12:29)

всего слов - 107

от сЭБ301 Егорова Алиса Александровна -
I agree with most opinions, but the closest thing to me is Hayden's opinion. I believe that a sense of humor and literacy of speech make❌s a person very interesting and attractive. If a person is smart and can correctly convey his idea, then he will be able to support any dialogue and cheer up. I really appreciate these qualities in people.Henry's opinion is also close to me, the character of a person is no less important and if a person is pleasant, kind and not indifferent, then it will be very pleasant to communicate with him.

(Редактировал(а) ИЯ Гальчук Лариса Михайловна - суббота, 25 ноября 2023, 12:31)

всего слов - 108

от сЭБ301 Васильева Анна Евгеньевна -
I agree with David's opinion. Almost all people first look at the appearance of the interlocutor, and then at his other qualities. I think maybe it would be good if a person's appearance was not evaluated. After all, a person has other attractive qualities and it is by them that you need to evaluate a person. And as in conclusion, we can say that the main thing is that a person should be beautiful internally.

(Редактировал(а) ИЯ Гальчук Лариса Михайловна - суббота, 25 ноября 2023, 12:41)

всего слов - 86

от сЭБ301 Богомазова Ярославна Олеговна -
I agree with David, because first we look at appearance, neatness, and then we focus on his personal qualities. for me, the attraction lies in grooming, good manners and upbringing. no wonder the Russian proverb says: "meet on the cover, see off the mind". an opinion about a person is based not only on appearance, but also on personal qualities, which play a huge role. and for me, the main personal qualities are decency, honesty and friendship.

всего слов - 77

от Т301 Зырянова Валентина Сергеевна -
I agree with Bella because i think that intelligent people are interesting. You can always talk to them about anything. As for me, I think that kindness is also really important. I always pay attention to people who care about others. I appreciate supportive people. Besides, I really enjoy spending time with people who share my interests. Also, an attractive person is the one who has a good sense of humor. This is what makes a person attractive to me.

всего слов - 80