Module 3.8 Why develop cultural intelligence?

Количество ответов: 3

We are living a culturally diverse environment made up of people from many different countries, faiths, races, family structures, political beliefs and languages.  To communicate efficiently and effectively with them, it is essential to develop cultural intelligence and be nonjudgmental and open-minded.  In fact, this often means meeting the cultural expectations of the people we interact with and being able to learn from our cultural mistakes, as shown in the video.

Now, how would you answer these questions:

1. What do foreigners need to know about your culture to be able to communicate well with people?
  2. Have you ever experienced cultural errors? What happened?

Share your answers on the forum.

Look forward to getting your opinions.

всего слов - 116

В ответ на Первое сообщение

Re: Module 3.8 Why develop cultural intelligence?

от ГД301 Васянина Яна Юрьевна -
1. Foreigners should understand that Russian people do not smile at everything. When meeting, just hug and say hi, no need to kiss. We don't live with bears and don't drink vodka every day.
2. I've never experienced foreign mistakes, but I think people would be understanding as long as it doesn't break the law.

всего слов - 55

от Т301 Зырянова Валентина Сергеевна -
What do foreigners need to know about your culture to be able to communicate well with people?
Sometimes people in my country can seem suspicious and unfriendly but in reality we can be outgoing if there is trust between us and other people. Also we can be grumpy but the actual reason is the weather.
Have you ever experienced cultural errors? What happened?
I didn't know that it is important to bow when you communicate with people in Korea. This is the way of showing respect to other people.

всего слов - 89

от Т301 Кожушко Анастасия Константиновна -
1. I'm of the mind that foreigners should read a lot about my culture. First of all, they need to understand some Russians are rude to strangers and our speech doesn't require pronounced facial expressions. Actually, we aren't bad.
2. I haven't experienced cultural errors because I didn't communicate much with foreigners.

всего слов - 52